- Place the bread in a bowl, add about ¼ cup of water, and let stand for about 30 minutes. Remove the bread from the water and squeeze it to expel as much of the water as possible. Purée the bread.
- Peel the onion and chop it finely. Melt the butter in a frying pan and sauté the onion. Set aside to cool. Chop the parsley finely.
- Place the ground meat, bread, onion, parsley, egg, and mustard into a bowl and combine thoroughly. Season the meat with salt, pepper, paprika, and marjoram. Shape the ground meat mixture into eight hamburger patties.
- Heat up some oil in a large frying pan. Sear the hamburgers on each side. Reduce the heat, then fry the hamburgers for about 5 minutes on each side until they are cooked through.
- To make the open-faced chive sandwiches, chop the chives finely and scatter them on a plate. Butter the slices of bread. Press the buttered side of the bread into the chives. Cut the slices in half or quarter them.
- To make the plate of radish, slice the daikon radish as thinly as possible. Sprinkle the remaining chives over the radish.
- Keeping the radishes together in the bunch, wash them thoroughly. Place the meat patties, open-faced chive sandwiches, daikon radish, and radishes on the table at the same time. Add salt to the radishes only once they are on the table.
TIP: If you use only ground beef instead of ground beef and pork, the meat patties will have a looser texture. They will also be leaner.