Data Protection Statement of Paulaner Brauerei Gruppe GmbH & Co. KGaA
Thank you for your interest in our website. The protection of your privacy in relation to the processing of personal data is important to us. Paulaner Brauerei Gruppe GmbH & Co. KGaA will handle your data responsibly. Of course we therefore comply with the statutory provisions in collection, processing and use of your data, in particular as specified by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz; BDSG-new). Nevertheless, we know that many users of the internet experience considerable uncertainty about how this protection is ensured from case to case. The following data protection statement will therefore provide you with an overview of which data we collect, use, store and potentially pass on to any third parties, what safety measures we take for your protection and what information rights you have in this respect.
1. Information concerning collection of personal data
a) Below, we will inform you about collection of personal data when you use our website. Personal data are any data that permit a conclusion as to you personally, e.g. your name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
b) The controller in accordance with sect. 4 para. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Paulaner Brauerei Gruppe GmbH & Co. KGaA, represented by its personally liable shareholder Paulaner Verwaltungs GmbH, in turn represented by managing directors Dr. Jörg Lehmann, Andreas Steinfatt, Sebastian Strobl, Christiane Uhl and Raphael Rauer, Ohlmüllerstraße 42, D-81541 Munich, phone: 089 / 48 00 5-0, fax: 089 / 48 00 5-409, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Information on the data protection officer
The contact details of the data protection officer are: email@example.com.
3. Collection of personal data when you visit our website (type and purpose)
If you use our website for information, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise submit any information to us, we will only collect the personal data your browser submits to our server. The provider of the website will collect and store information in server log files that your browser submits to us automatically. These are:
- IP address
- Date and time of the query
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status /HTTP-status code
- The respective data volume transferred
- Website sending the request
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
The data named will be processed by us for the purpose of a smooth connection to the website in order to ensure comfortable use of our website, and to evaluate system safety and stability by us.
The legal basis for processing activities shall be sect. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
Our legitimate interests follow from the purposes listed above for data collection. We do not use the collected data in order to draw conclusions as to persons.
b) Contact form
When you contact us by email or through a contact form, the complete data disclosed by you (e.g. your complete name, postal code, place of residence and email address) will be saved by us in order to answer your questions.
Data processing for the purpose of contacting us shall take place according to sect. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. a) and b) GDPR based on your free consent and to perform pre-contractual measures upon your request.
4. Passing on personal data
a) The data will be system-technically forwarded to the provider who provides the web server. It operates its servers within Europe.
b) The data you send to us via the contact form will be forwarded to B.I.T.S, Ohlmüllerstraße 42, D-81541 Munich, which provides the email server.
c) When conducting lotteries, we reserve the right to submit the required personal data to service providers that support us in the performance of the lottery, such as an agency or freight company charged with shipping the prizes. If such data transmission takes place, the corresponding data protection provisions or participation conditions will refer to this.
d) In addition to this, data will be passed on by using Google Analytics. For details, see item 6 a) of this data protection statement.
e) Your personal data will generally not be passed on to any third parties beyond this. We shall also only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have explicitly consented to this pursuant to sect. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. a) GDPR,
- forwarding is required under sect. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f) GDPR for assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding protection-worthy interest in your data not being passed on,
- forwarding is required due to statutory obligations pursuant to sect. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. c) GDPR, and
- this is legitimate by law and required according to sect. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. b) GDPR for processing contractual relationships with you.
a) What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer, tablet or mobile phone when you visit a website and generally serve for more effective design of websites. Some cookies (session cookies) are deleted automatically after you close your browser; others in turn (persistent cookies or tracking codes) will be archived on the respective device until a specific expiration date or until the cache of your browser is deleted and permit us to identify you as a returning visitor of our website. Most web browsers accept cookies automatically. You can, however, change your browser's settings with simple clicks if you wish.
For more information on cookies, see www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Management of your confirmation of age queries
- Session management (e.g. gastronomy search, profile management)
- Warranty of a safe internet environment
- Verification of our website performance
- Evaluation of the type and manner of use of our online services by our customers, in order to better design the services. This way, we can tell, for example, when a process is too extensive and the users cancel the active process for this reason. This knowledge can simplify the process steps and design them in a more customer-oriented manner.
- Improvement of user friendliness, trackability for our customers and the online experience.
We do not use our cookies to track your internet activities outside of our website.
c) What types of cookies are there?
Are deleted after closing the browser. Are used to record navigation on the website and the presence time. Store your login information and keep your login active during the session for the duration of your visit to the website.
Persistent cookies or tracking code
Contain no personal data except for the IP address. Record from where you have called up the site, which search engine you used, which link was clicked and which search term was chosen, and localises the site of the user at the time of site access. Records the number of visits and the duration of the first, current and preceding visit. These cookies register only visits to our website and are not activated when you visit any other websites.
Retargeting or remarketing
Our website uses retargeting technologies in order to make the internet offer more interesting for you. You will be marked by cookies when you visit certain websites and identified by them again later on other websites. We are certain that the display of personalised, interest-specific advertisements for the internet user is usually more interesting than advertisements that do not have any such personal references. These advertising media on the sites of our partners are displayed based on cookie technology and analysis of the previous usage behaviour. This form of advertising takes place entirely anonymised. No personal data are stored and no user profiles are combined with your personal data.
See use of Google AdWords
You may delete the cookies stored for our website. In this case, however, your individual data and contents, including your cookie settings, will be lost and you will not be recognised as a returning visitor the next time you call up our website.
d) Do you agree to our cookies?
We offer some online features that are to make your visit to our website as comfortable as possible. They only work using cookies, however. If you continue to navigate on our page, you agree to the use of such cookies. You can revoke your consent at any time.
f) Revocation of cookie use
If you do not want us to recognise your computer again, you can prevent storage of cookies on your hard disc by choosing "Do not accept cookies" in your browser settings. How this works in detail can be taken from the instructions of your browser provider.
In your browser, you can set that storage of cookies is only accepted if you consent to it. If you do not want to accept the cookies of our service providers and partners, you can choose the settings in your browser "Block cookies of third-party providers".
Usually, the menu bar of your web browser displays how you can reject new cookies and turn off those already received via the help function.
However, note that unhindered navigation on our website and selection, design and storage of your products require some 'essential' cookies. We only use these cookies to review the website's efficiency and record visitor frequency.
6. Use of Google techniques
a) Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", i.e. text files that are stored on your computer and that permit analysis of your use of the website. As a rule, the information generated by the cookie through your use of this website is sent to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Due to activation of IP anonymisation on these websites, your IP address will be abbreviated first by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the convention on the European Economic area. Only in exceptions will your full IP address be transferred to a server of Google in the USA and abbreviated there. On the order of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, in order to compile reports on the website activities and to render further services connected to website use and internet use towards the website operator.
(2) The IP address submitted by your browser will not be combined with any other Data of Google.
(3) You may prevent saving of the cookies by making the corresponding settings in your browser software; however, note that you may be unable to fully use all functions of the website in such a case. You may furthermore prevent recording of the data generated by the cookie and referring to your use of the website (incl. your Internet Protocol address) and processing of these personal data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
(4) You may check out of Google Analytics by clicking the following link as well: Yes, I would like to check out.
(5) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This causes IP addresses to be abbreviated before further processing so that conclusions as to persons are excluded.
(6) We use Google Analytics, in order to analyse use of our website and regularly improve it. The statistics acquired enable us to improve our offer and to make it more interesting for you as the user. For exceptions in which personal data are transmitted to the USA, Google has subjected to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(7) The legal basis for using Google Analytics is sect. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
(8) Information on the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, Overview of data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and the data protection statement: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
b) Google AdWords
(1) We use the offer of Google AdWords, in order to use advertising means (Google AdWords) to draw attention to our attractive offers on external websites. In relation to the data of the advertising campaigns, we can determine how successful the individual advertising measures are. We thereby pursue the interest to show you advertisements that are of interest to you, to make our website more interesting for you and to achieve fair calculation of advertising costs.
(2) These advertising means are delivered by Google via "Ad Servers". We use Ad Server cookies through which certain parameters for measuring success, such as display of the ads or clicks by the users, can be measured. If you have reached our website through a Google ad, Google AdWords will place a cookie on your computer. These cookies usually lose their validity after 30 days and are not to serve to identify you personally. For this cookie, the Unique Cookie ID, number of Ad Impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) and opt-out information (mark that the user no longer wants to be contacted) will usually be saved as analysis values.
(3) These cookies enable Google to recognise your web browser. If the user visits specific pages of the website of the AdWords client and the cookie stored on his computer has not expired yet, Google and the client will be able to tell that the user has clicked the display and was forwarded to this website. Every AdWords client will be assigned a different cookie. Cookies cannot thus be tracked via the websites of AdWords clients. We collect and process no personal data in the advertising measures named. We only receive statistical evaluations from Google. These evaluations enable us to recognise which of the advertising measures used are particularly effective. We will not receive any further data from use of the advertising means, and in particular cannot identity the users based on this information.
(4) The marketing tools used will cause your browser to automatically connect directly to the server of Google. We cannot influence the scope and further use of the data that are collected by use of this tool through Google and therefore inform you according to our state of knowledge: Integration of AdWords Conversion informs Google that you have called the corresponding part of our website or that you have clicked one of our ads. If you are registered with a service of Google, Google can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or if you have not logged in, it is possible that the provider will learn your IP address and store it.
(5) You may prevent participation in this tracking procedure in various ways: a) by setting your browser software accordingly; in particular, suppression of third-party cookies will prevent you from receiving any ads of third-party providers; b) by deactivating the cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser so that cookies from the domain "https://adssettings.google.com/" are blocked, https://adssettings.google.com/, with these settings being deleted if you delete your cookies; c) by deactivating interest-related ads of the providers that are part of the self-regulation campaign "About Ads", using the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, with this setting being deleted if you delete your cookies; d) by permanent deactivation in your browsers Firefox, Internet explorer or Google Chrome using the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that you may be unable to fully use all functions of our offer in this case.1
(6) The legal basis for processing of your data is sect. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
(7) For more information on data protection, see: http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacyand https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) under http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google has subjected to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
7. Use of Facebook Conversion Pixels
a) The website further uses the remarketing function "Custom Audiences" of Facebook Inc. ("Facebook"). This way, users can be shown interest-based ads ("Facebook Ads") in the scope of their visit to the social network Facebook or other websites also using the procedure. We thereby pursue the interest to show you advertisements that are of interest to you, to make our website more interesting for you.
b) The marketing tools used will cause your browser to automatically connect directly to the server of Facebook. We cannot influence the scope and further use of the data that are collected by use of this tool through Facebook and therefore inform you according to our state of knowledge: Integration of Facebook Custom Audiences informs Facebook that you have called the corresponding page of our website or that you have clicked one of our ads. If you are registered with a service of Facebook, Facebook can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Facebook or if you have not logged in, it is possible that the provider will learn your IP address and other identifying features and store them.
c) Facebook and its partners may place advertisements on Facebook and outside of Facebook using these data and cookies may be saved on the users' computers for this purpose. You consent as follows to the above procedure:
"I agree with the use of the Conversion Pixel of Facebook."
You can revoke this consent at any time, effective for the future, by clicking here: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads#.
If you do not want Facebook to collect data concerning you via the website of Paulaner Brauerei GmbH & Co. KG, you need to log out of Facebook before you visit a website of Paulaner Brauerei Gruppe GmbH & Co. KGaA.
d) The legal basis for processing of your data is sect. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Further information on data processing by Facebook is available at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
8. Use of web fonts
a) These websites use external fonts called Google Fonts. Google Fonts is a service of Google Inc. ("Google"). These web fonts are integrated by a server call, usually concerning a server of Google in the USA. This informs the server of which of our websites you have visited. The IP address of the browser of the end device of the visitor of these websites is also stored by Google.
b) When calling up a site, your browser will load the required web fonts into your browser cache in order to properly display texts and fonts. Web fonts are used in the interest of consistent and attractive display of our online offer.
c) This is a legitimate interest within the meaning of sect. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
9. Information on location of the web server (§13 para. 1 TMG)
The data we receive via our website will be processed on servers within Europe.
10. Integration of services and third-party contents
(1) We may have YouTube videos integrated into our online offer that are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and that can be played directly from our website. All of these are integrated in the "expanded data protection mode", i.e. so that no data concerning you as user will be transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data named in 10 a) (2) be transmitted. We cannot influence this data transmission.
(2) By your visit to the website, YouTube will be informed that you have called the corresponding sub-page of our website. The data named in § 3 of this statement will be transmitted as well. This is done no matter if YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether there is no user account. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be assigned to your account directly. If you do not wish assignment to your profile at YouTube, you need to log out before you activate the button. YouTube will store your data as usage profiles and use them for the purpose of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation shall specifically take place (even for users who are not logged in) in order to render demand-oriented advertisements and in order to inform other users of the social network of your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the generation of these user profiles. In order to exercise these, you must contact YouTube.
(3) We use the service within our online offer based on a legitimate interest, i.e. in analysis, optimisation and economic operation of our online offer. The legal basis is sect. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
(4) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by YouTube is available in the data protection statement. It also contains further information on your rights and setting options for protecting your privacy: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(1) We may have videos of provider Vimeo LLC, headquartered in 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011 integrated.
(2) Some of our websites contain videos by Vimeo. If you call up such a website of our online offer, a connection to the Vimeo servers will be established. This informs the Vimeo server on which of our websites you have visited. If you are logged in as a member of Vimeo during this, Vimeo will assign this information to your personal user account. When you click the start button of a video, this information may also be assigned to an existing user account. You can prevent this assignment by logging out of your Vimeo user account before you use our website and deleting the corresponding cookies by Vimeo.
(3) We use the service within our online offer based on a legitimate interest, i.e. in analysis, optimisation and economic operation of our online offer. The legal basis is sect. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
(4) For more information on data processing and notes on data protection by Vimeo, see https://vimeo.com/privacy.
(5) Vimeo will also call the tracker Google Analytics via an iFrame in which the video is called up. This is a dedicated tracking by Vimeo that we have no access to. You can prevent tracking by Google Analytics by using deactivation tools that Google offers for some internet browsers. The users may furthermore prevent recording of the data generated by Google Analytics and referring to your use of the website (incl. your internet Protocol address) and processing of these personal data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
c) Google Maps
(1) The website uses Google Maps in order to visually display geographic information. When using Google Maps, Google (Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California, 94043) will also collect, process and use data on use of the maps function by visitors of the websites.
(2) For more detailed information on data processing by Google, see the data protection notes of Google, which you can find at www.google.com/privacypolicy.html.
(3) Use of Google Maps is based on a legitimate interest within the meaning of sect. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR, since we want to optimise our online offer.
(4) You may check out by clicking the following link: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated.
This website partially uses jQuery technologies, which, for example, optimise the loading speed. In this respect, program libraries of Google servers are called. The CDN (Content delivery network) of Google is used. If you used jQuery on a different page of Google before, your browser will use the copy stored in your cache. If this does not apply, it must be downloaded, which means that data from your browser will reach Google!Inc. ("Google"). Your data will be transmitted to the USA. For more details, see: https://developers.google.com/speed/libraries/#jqueryand the data protection provisions of google.de.
e) Other third-party contents
Other third-party contents, such as RSS feeds or graphics, are integrated from other websites. This always requires that the providers of these contents (hereinafter: "Third-Party Providers") perceive the users' IP addresses. Without the IP address, they would be unable to send the contents to the respective user's browser. The IP address is therefore required to present these contents. We strive to only use such contents the providers of which only use the IP address for delivering the contents. However, we cannot influence it if the Third-Party Providers store the IP address, e.g. for statistical purposes. We inform the users of this as far as we are aware of it.
11. Your rights
You have the right:
- to demand information in accordance with sect. 15 GDPR regarding processing of your personal data by us. In particular, you may request information on the processing purposes, category of personal data, categories of recipients to whom your data have been or are disclosed, the planned storage duration, the existence of a right to correction, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, existence of a right to complaint, origin of your data if they were not collected at our site, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and any indicative information on its details;
- in accordance with sect. 16 GDPR, demand correction of any inaccurate personal data stored by us or completion of these without undue delay;
- in accordance with sect. 17 GDPR, demand erasure of your personal data stored by us as far as processing is not required in order to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- in accordance with sect. 18 GDPR, demand restriction of processing of your personal data as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, processing is not legitimate, but you decline erasure and we no longer require the personal data, but you still require them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to processing in accordance with sect. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with sect. 20 GDPR, demand to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to demand transfer to another controller;
- in accordance with sect. 7 para. 3 GDPR, to revoke your consent once given to us towards us at any time. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the processing activities that were based on this consent in future and
- in accordance with sect. 77 GDPR, file a complaint with a supervisory authority. Usually, you may contact the supervisory authority at your common place of residence or work place or our registered office for this.
The Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht, Promenade 27 (Schloss), D-91522 Ansbach, Germany, phone: +49 (0) 981 53 1300, telefax: +49 (0) 981 53 98 1300, email: firstname.lastname@example.org is responsible for our headquarters.
12. Right to object
If your personal data are processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with sect. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f) GDPR, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data in accordance with sect. 21 GDPR as far as there are grounds for this that result from your special situation.
If you object, your personal data will no longer be processed, except if compelling legitimate grounds for processing can be documented which override your interests, rights and freedoms or if processing serves to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
The objection must be sent to us; an email to email@example.com will suffice.
13. Duration of storage
This website does not store any complete IP addresses of persons who use the website for information, or they will be deleted again without delay after the end of use of the website.
The stored usage processes will be deleted at the latest after 6 months.
If you send us an email, these data will generally be deleted 6 months after the last communication after answering the request.
If any customer relationship develops from this context or if it refers to an existing customer relationship, these data will be used for setting up a customer file or stored in the customer file if applicable. If the law does not stipulate any archiving periods, the existing data will be deleted after the end of the contract. If there are any statutory archiving periods, archiving may last up to ten years. Thereafter, the data will be finally deleted; in the meantime, the data will be blocked so that access to these data is no longer possible easily. The blocking phase shall commence at the end of the year following the end of the contract.
14. Obligation to provide data
As far as collection and processing of the server log files is concerned, the information is mandatory. Indication of the personal data, name and email address in the scope of contact via the contact form are also mandatory.
Indication of further data is voluntary.
15. Automated decision-making
Automated decision-making pursuant to sect. 22 GDPR does not take place.
16. Change to the purpose
Personal data are processed for the purpose for which they were collected. The purpose is not changed.
17. Safety note
If personal data are collected via our website, transmission shall take place encrypted using the data transmission procedure SSL "Secure-Socket-Layer". Beyond this, we ensure that only such employees will receive access to your personal data who need them to perform their respective tasks. They are trained accordingly regarding safety and data protection.
18. Changes to our data protection statement
We reserve the right to change our safety and data protection measures as far as this becomes necessary due to technical developments. In such cases, we will also adjust our notes on data protection accordingly. Therefore, please observe the respective valid version of our data protection statement.